Sunday, September 23, 2012

Creative Cooking

Recently, I discovered a blog called Chocolate Covered Katie. A young genius, named Katie, has developed several delicious dessert recipes that are also healthy. This is great for me, because I love dessert, but I also bought a dress I need to wear to wedding, and... it's a little snug.

Katie has a recipe for a dip. Cookie dough dip. How amazing does that sound? I had to make it. Her picture is seen below:


I bought all the ingredients and hurried home to make it. It was at this point that I realized I had missed a crucial detail. You need a food processor to blend the ingredients (It has garbanzo beans in it... who would think of that?!). Well, I don't have a food processor, or money, and no one in my apartment had one. I resulted to manuel squashing because I was desperate to make this dip work. In the end, it tasted pretty delicious, but it wasn't as visually stimulating:


I got paid yesterday, so I splurged on a food processor, and I plan on recreating this dip soon. I'll admit it, it's almost gone already!


4 comments:

  1. I loved that you posted links in your blog post! It allowed me to see what you were writing about (the dress is beautiful). Honestly, I would not have thought to manually squash the ingredients. The moment I realized I didn't have a food processor I would have given up. This is very creative; great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours still looks delicious to me! Your idea is so creative too! I would have never thought to mix the ingredients like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! This is something I will definitely have to try one day. ALso, I love the dress. It's so cute and simple. Its something you can wear over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!That dress is stunning!!! You are going to look soooo pretty in it. I love the color. I wish I had somewhere fun to wear a dress like that. And i'm def gonna have to try this dip. I wanna bring it to a party and see if anyone can tell its "healthy." I can't wait for our cooking video we are gonna make next week in class. Sooo many yummy choices to choose from that blog.

    ReplyDelete