Saturday, September 8, 2012

Web 2.0 Tools

I've haven't really found too many useful sites on the Internet, but the Web 2.0 tool list given to me for this EDIT 2000 project has led me to a wonderful discovery. Storybird. The site has a relatively simple mission: to allow users to make free, web-based books. This is an amazing site to me. Firstly, it breaks down the complicated process of bookmaking into an easy, step-by-step, user-friendly process. It's perfect for creative teachers and SLPs! I plan on teaching speech to adults, but if I ever do work with kids, this will definitely be a site I'll return to. As a Speech-Language Pathologist, you could work with any child's skill set to create a perfect, readable book for their level. How awesome is that?!

Also, the site lets you use artist's images in your creations, providing you with inspiration or simply accenting your own creative idea. You can also search by theme, allowing a wide range of images to be analyzed. 

Storybird is going to be a great resource for me, and I'm super happy I have it!

Here's a picture of the program in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment